Freelance 3D Designer
- Produce high-quality, 3D design solutions from sketch concepts through to finished visuals and technical drawings.
- Ensure all project documentation completed is accurate and suitable for manufacture (drawings, tolerances, materials, processes, finishes etc.)
- Manage several projects simultaneously, using project management skills to carryout tasks in an organised and timely manner.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, both internally within design and externally with other departments and suppliers.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure.
Skills & experience
- Exceptional and original creative-process thinking, sketching, concept communication and design skills
- A keen eye for quality and detail, plus having a good understanding of the retail environment and shopper experience is essential
Excellent 3d studio max skills
Must have good freehand skills
Ability to ensure designs are fit for purpose, within budget and meet the aesthetic requirements of the design intent and client expectations. This means also having a good commercial sensibility relating to the realities of production
- Minimum 3 years experience in a POS design and manufacturing company working as a 3D designer
- A strong, creative based portfolio within the retail design sector, demonstrating originality and a broad range of skills on live, professional projects
- A sense of good/practical design aesthetics to be help solve technical problems of a design while contributing to the design intent
Cinema 4D would be an optional benefit
Ability to work both autonomously and alongside other designers, project managers and directors
Any additional industry relevant experience
- Educated to degree level in product/industrial/engineering design. (BSc or BA).
- Any additional industry relevant qualifications.