Hyundai Mercury Prize Full Terms & Conditions
By entering the promotion, entrants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
The Promoter: The Big Group Limited, 91 Princedale Road, Holland Park, London, W11 4NS
- This prize draw is open to United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of The Big Group Ltd (the “Promoter) or anyone else professionally connected with this prize draw.
- The prize draw will run from 02/05/2018 to 03/05/2018 inclusive (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter the prize draw, visit the Big Group stand at the Retail Design Expo at the Olympia London and speak to a member of the Big Group Retail team to complete the entry form on a tablet.
- Only one entry per person is permitted during the Promotional Period. If it becomes apparent that a participant is attempting to circumvent this condition, that person’s entries will be disqualified, and any prize award will be void.
- Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of the entry form on the tablet. The promoter does not therefore guarantee continuous uninterrupted or secure access to the entry form.
- Incomplete or late entries will not be accepted. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
Prizes and Fulfilment
- Entries must be received before the Retail Design Expo event finishes on 03/05/2018 (“Closing Date”). The prize draw will take place under the supervision of an independent adjudicator who will randomly select the winner.
- The winner will be notified by email or phone within 10 working days of the Closing Date. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their email and phone connections during this time in case they are a winner.
- One prize is available to win:
- Two tickets (for two adults aged 18+) for the 2018 Hyundai Mercury Prize which will be taking place at a London location in September. The date and location of the event will be confirmed to the winner once these details have been announced.
- One night 4* hotel accommodation, based on double occupancy (including breakfast) at a hotel chosen by the Promoter.
- Return hotel and event transfers.
- Transport to London is not included in the prize. All other costs and expenses in taking up the prize, including but not limited to, spending money as required, are the winner’s and guest’s own. The prizes are as stated and nothing else is included.
- The prize is date and event specific and cannot be transferred or postponed to a later date.
- The winner will have 28 days from first being contacted to accept the prize by following the instructions provided in the winning notification. Failure to do this will result in the prize being forfeit and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original winner or dispose of the prize at its discretion without liability to the winner. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There is no cash or other alternative for the prize in whole or in part except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of equal or greater value at the choosing and discretion of the Promoter.
Other Important Information
- All winners take part in the prize at their own risk and to the fullest extent allowed by law; the Promoter accepts no liability with regard to such prizes whatsoever. The Promoter will have no liability in relation to the conduct of the winner or their guest, nor in connection with any circumstances outside its control with respect to a prize once delivered to a winner. The winner is subject to the policies and terms and conditions of any and all third parties involved in the fulfilment of this prize.
- The winner and their guest will be subject to the terms and conditions that apply to the tickets for the 2018 Hyundai Mercury Prize. A copy of these will be provided to winner in advance of the event.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to the event to any person regardless of whether they have a valid ticket.
- Please note that flash photography will be used throughout the evening.
- The prize winner’s full name and county is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org within three months of the Closing Date.
- Sale, transfer or exchange of any part of the prize package is strictly prohibited. Any attempt to sell, transfer or exchange the prize will result in the prize being withdrawn by the Promoter and the prize will be declared null and void.
- The Promoter will not be held responsible for the winner and/or guest not taking advantage of the prize due to health or any other reason.
- Prizes must be taken by the winner in person unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter.
- If there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions by an entrant, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion invalidate the relevant prize and disqualify the entrant from the promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winner and to refuse to award the prize or withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- Privacy: An entrant’s participation in the Promotion is voluntary. The entity responsible for the collection and use of personal data in the context of the Promotion is The Big Group Limited, 91 Princedale Road, Holland Park, London, W11 4NS. Full name, job title, company, email address and telephone number will be collected on the entry form. This data will only be processed for the purposes of participating in the Promotion, notifying the winner and delivering the prize, and will be deleted within a maximum of 3 months after the end of the Promotion. Data will be shared with our third party suppliers who are involved in the fulfilment of the Prize including the hotel, transfer company and the organisers of the Hyundai Mercury Prize solely for fulfilment purposes.
- If an entrant provides their consent, the Promoter will use their email address to send them marketing communications.
- An entrant can request access to their personal data, or have any inaccuracies rectified, by sending an email to email@example.com. Personal data is stored in the UK and other than as set out above, is not shared with third parties. By participating in the Promotion, entrants agree to the use of their personal data as described here and can withdraw consent at any time, but will no longer be able to participate.
- For more information about The Big Group Limited's data protection practices, see our Privacy Statement www.biggroup.co.uk/privacy.